- Manage Geotechnical and geological analyses, manage Geotechnical Engineers and supporting sub Consultants, conduct research, perform preliminary Geological reconnaissance, Geotechnical and Geological studies, review testing results and develop design recommendations.
- Must be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro piles and testing programs.
- Interface with clients and design teams.
- Support decisions on significant design and engineering procedures and function as a Technical Specialist.
- Develop, manage field work for Geotechnical and Geological studies in accordance with various public agencies, clients’ criteria and requirements.
- Prepare documents detailing analysis and recommendations.
- Critically review testing results, design recommendations and documents detailing the projects conducted.
- Manage budget, write and edit reports and proposals.
- Lead in the preparation, development, maintenance and review of project management processes and procedures under ISO accreditation.
- Lead in the undertaking of complex data calculations and analyse to resolve Geotechnical investigations and issues.
- May need to liaise with public utilities and other authorities regarding Geotechnical Engineering matters.
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of policies, current best practise and challenges in Geotechnical Engineering design.
- Possess a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- Minimum 20 years of experience with a minimum of 10 years in a Managerial capacity.
- Familiarity with multiple aspects of Geotechnical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Must be proficient in writing, reviewing and editing Technical reports to ensure conformance with scope, quality and client expectations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, oral communication skills and a desire to work with diverse interest groups.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement and professionalism
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to write proposals, Geotechnical and Geological documents.
To apply for this job please visit www.hssgroup.com.my.