Location: Bandar Sri Permaisuri, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
- Responsible for quality of structural engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for structural engineering projects. These projects include such facility types as government, retail/distribution, healthcare, commercial, education, telecommunications, power distribution, industrial, etc., as well as transportation structures such as bridges and tunnels.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of structural engineering projects (facility or transportation-related) to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Maintains positive relationship with current and past clients as assigned.
- Manage a team of engineers to produce complete, coordinated and high-quality project information (calculations, drawings, specifications and other documents) on time and on budget to meet agreed deadlines and exceed Management / Clients expectations, avoid delays on site and claims from the contractor.
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis).
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with Practising Certificate (PEPC) (civil/structural preferred) and/or a Structural Engineer (SE) where applicable.
- Minimum 20 years of experience with minimum 10 years in a managerial role.
- Extensive experience in all phases of structural design engineering, including substantial and varied experience involving responsible planning and design of complex projects.
- Exposure to latest practices and methods for building construction and related structures.
- Knowledge in the latest computer aided drafting and computer aided/design soft wares, standard, etc.
- Proficient in structural calculations and thorough knowledge of concrete and steel structure execution practices, international standards and local regulations and standards.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate and bridge the communications gap between the Engineering team and clients, interfacing with each.
- Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects.