|The role is responsible to lead the HR team across the Group in handling full spectrum of HR functions and accountable for the development and delivery of HR strategies and plans to support the Group.
Organise, direct and supervise all HR activities and deliverables, including strengthening HR processes and practices to ensure timely, efficient and effective delivery of HR services with main focus in areas of Recruitment, Performance and Retention, Industrial / Employee Relations, and Learning & Development,
The key agenda for the role is to drive changes from a people perspective, ways of working, organisational structure as well as policies and processes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1.1 Recruitment & Resignation Process & HR Reporting
- Developing and implementing consistent and effective recruitment and selection strategy and target, including identifying suitable recruitment agencies and usage of corporate website, and appropriate social media platfrom
- Work closely with Senior Management to determine manpower requirements for the Group to ensure operational needs are met for immediate and long term in line with corporate strategic directions (3 years) and annual budget
- Work closely with the General Managers / Head of Divisions to forecast, plan and fulfill manpower needs and manage all recruitment and selection activities for all levels (technical and non-technical) to ensure correct job-person match to meet operating requirements and the Group’s growth plan.
- To take active participation in the Annual Budget process focusing on the manpower requirements by developing a comprehensive understanding on the revenue & cost model. Revenue comprised of Design, Supervision and Project Management revenue whilst major direct costs comprised of the salaries of the 3 main revenue stream. Other costs and expenses includes but not limited to the non billable payroll.
- Liaising with the Recruitment Consultants/ Headhunters/ Executive Search Firms to fill up the recruitment needs for local/ overseas manpower requirements within the stipulated time frame / deadline
- Conduct Employee Reference/Background Check for new joiner as and when requested.
- Conduct Exit Interview & Staff Clearance Checklist for Resigned Staff
- Update Respective entity Organisation Chart on a timely basis
- Manage, maintain and update CV database from various sources such as job portals, company website, job advertisements , employee referrals and etc
- Conduct Staff Induction for new recruits
1.2 Staff Payroll Master File Data and Monthly Staff Payroll
- Ensure the staff master file data is maintained on a real time basis as this has a direct correlation with the monthly payroll computation. All staff information including correspondence details must be updated on a timely basis
- To review and check the monthy payroll computation prepared by the Finance Department
1.3 Industrial / Employee Relations Matters
- Create effective industrial / employee relations across the Group including leading the review and development of HR policies in line with legislative changes and best practices.
- Develop a coordinated and consistent approach to the way in which Senior Management engages and communicates with employees across the Group.
- Handle and manage all industrial / employee relations matters, including guiding General Managers / Head of Divisions on execution of employee disciplinary actions and any other people intervention and changes to ensure effectiveness and minimum legal risks and financial exposure.
- Instiling and maintaining employee discipline and harmony by handling employee relations and staff disciplinary & grievances such as handling counselling, issuance of memos, warning and show cause letter, conduct open enquiry and liaising with legal professionals.
1.4 Performance Management and Retention Strategies
- Design and implement effective and robust reward strategies, employee engagement, performance management, and career development programmes which are aligned with the Group’s objectives.
- Manage annual performance appraisal
- Conduct periodic salary, benefits and incentives schemes review through periodic market survey and benchmarking and submit recommendations where appropriate to Senior Management to ensure competitiveness in attracting and retaining the best talent.
1.5 Learning and Development
- Oversee and plan training activities which involve conducting training needs analysis, identifying appropriate training programmes for all level of staff as well as evaluating effectiveness of the training programmes to ensure that the required level of skills and competencies are improved
- Coordinate, Arrange /schedule Learning & Development Trainings and other soft skill seminars
1.6 Other HR Administrative Functions
- Handle/Review renewal for Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Policy & Group Personal Accident Policy
- Liaise wth Expatriate Services Division on immigration matters such as visa application and approval, employment pass / dependent pass application & renewal, checking and monitoring expatriate staff air-passage claims.
- Monitoring staff annual leave, unpaid leave, emergency leave, hospitalization and medical leave
- Enhance implementation of HR information system to improve effectiveness and efficiency of HR services.
2. Presentation to Board Committees and Board of Directors
- Make presentation to Nomination Committee, Remuneration Committee and Board of Directors of the ultimate listed holding company , HSS Engineers Berhad as required by the CEO subject to the respective terms of reference of the Board Committees and Board Charter on matters pertaining to but not limited to the following:
- Appointment of Directors / Key Management Personnel
- Remuneration of Directors / Key Management Personnel
- Succession Planning
- Horizontal / Vertical Benchmarking of Remuneration – Internal Equity
3. New Company Acquisition
- Coordinate and assist on Acquistion targets
- Review & Benchmark on the benefits & terms/conditions in view to harmonize the variations
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by Management
5. Qualifications/Education & Work Experience
- Minimum Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 15 years relevant working experience including at last 5 years managerial level experience
6. Personal Skills / Attributes
- Pleasant personality, good communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as a good team player
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to manage employee effectively and sensitively, and to challenge unsatisfactory conduct or performance
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Committed and result driven.
- Good command of both spoken and written English & Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good sense of urgency and able to work under pressure.
- Up to date knowledge of Malaysian employment law and employment trends