We would like to inform you that, HSS Engineering Sdn. Bhd. and each of our respective related corporations (as the term is defined in the Companies Act 1965), affiliates, and associated companies (“Company“, “we“, “our” or “us“) (whether or not controlled by us) as data users (as the term is defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010) have or will collect, record, hold, store, use, disclose and/or process (collectively referred to as “Process“) personal information provided by you in your job application, any subsequent information supplied by you in connection with your application and any information obtained from third parties such as current / previous employers, referees, recruitment agencies, background checks, educational records and other sources. Such personal information includes, but not limited to:
- Name, address, email address, telephone number, other contact details, gender, date of birth, MyKad / passport, citizenship, marital status, disability, criminal convictions / allegations, solvency status, illnesses, professional body membership, directorship, businesses, race, religion, and photographs;
- CV, details current and past employment and remuneration, education, and language and computer proficiency;
- Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate or other job preferences;
- Name, relationship, age and occupation of immediate family and relatives working with the Company; and
- Name and contact details for referees; (collectively, “Personal Data“).
When providing the Company the Personal Data, you represent that such information is accurate, complete, up to date and true and is supplied for the sole purpose of seeking employment.
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information and /or personal data (whether or not coming within the definition of Personal Data above) of another individual, we shall assume, without independent verification, that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure of such information and / or personal data as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice.
The Personal Data will be used for the following purposes:
- To assess your skills, qualifications, experience and interests against our career opportunities;
- For verification and conduct background / reference checks;
- To communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
- To be submitted as required by law or regulation;
- To improve our recruitment process;
- For submission to our client(s), future client(s), partner(s) and service provider(s); and
- Legal defence, as necessary.
If your current application is not successful, the Company may retain the Personal Data for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Company to do so or where it is required by law to retain the Personal Data for a longer period, and the Company may refer your application to other vacancies in the Company.
You may submit a request to access and/or correct your Personal Data or, if you have not been offered any employment by the Company and want to remove your Personal Data from the Company’s Database, you can do this by contacting us at 03-9173 0355. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing or any data access request.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND AGREEMENT
Yes, I hereby confirm my understanding of this Notification and my consent to the processing and use of relevant Personal Data in accordance with this notification.